Spectrum Healthcare Resources has an opening for a Clinic Director at the Dumfries Health Center in Dumfries, VA.
The Dumfries Health Center, a family clinic of Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, is a patient-centered environment providing care for enrolled and eligible military beneficiaries.
- Leads the day-to-day operations of Dumfries Health Center (DHC).
- Monitor all duties and functions performed by staff, ensuring they are in compliance, as well as assuring provider staff performs licensed medical services. In addition, the Clinic Director is responsible for assisting with the administration and business functions of the DHC including client satisfaction and the quality of medical services provided.
- Manage the daily operations for the DHC including patient scheduling, medical records, equipment/supplies, and patient satisfaction.
- Provide administrative direction, coordination, and participation in the formulation, interpretation, and administration of current and long-range policies, procedures and programs to all DHC staff.
- Establish Center goals with the DHC Director, DHC Lead Physician, Nursing Director, and department leads.
- Leads the DHC Quality Assurance Committee.
- Develop operating practice, policy and procedures for the DHC, conducts meetings with subordinates to ensure compliance with established practices; implement new policies and keep employees abreast of current changes and standards.
- Formulate operating budgets in compliance with DHC goals.
- Ensure all local, state, federal; NCQA, Joint Commission and DHC requirements are met.
- Direct the compilation of and/or prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions; Analyze, evaluate, and report statistical data to optimize the use of resources and staff.
- Ensure effective, cost efficient, high quality, operation of DHC administrative components.
- Assure the planning, implementation and evaluation in relation to the QA Program.
- Direct and supervise Clinic staff as well as DHC facilities and equipment maintenance activities.
- Monitor the inventory process, and ordering of supplies and medications for the DHC.
- Provide educational resources to meet the needs of staff and patients/family.
- Assist with other duties as needed and assigned.
- Must possess a Masters’ Degree in Health, Hospital/Healthcare Administration, or Business Administration.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as an Administrator or Medical Practice Manager is preferred.
- Experience with a military outpatient clinic is preferred.
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS).
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Have knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated records.
- Strong inter-personal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and strategically prioritize to ensure proper focus, client delivery, and the best interests of the company.
- Ability to manage stressful situations in a professional manner that reflects well on our company.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.