Spectrum Healthcare Resources has an opportunity for a civilian Full time RN-Care Facilitator at the Ft. Belvoir Community Hospital. This position assists primary care providers with the management and treatment for depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anxiety disorders in active duty Service members and other adult patients.
This contract position offers:Ind.Nurse
- Health, Dental and 401(k) benefits
- Monday - Friday daytime schedule
- Outpatient Setting
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Registered Nursing degree and current licensure. BSN preferred
- Minimum two (2) years – preferred five(5) years clinical nursing experience involving high levels of direct interaction with patients preferably in a military primary care setting.
- Prior RESPECT-Mil or care facilitation work experience preferred, not required.
- Advice nursing, nurse educator and/or telephonic experience a preferred.
- Outstanding telephone skills needed to both obtain highly personal patient information as well as providing information regarding treatment recommendations and how to problem solve to overcome barriers.
- Proficiency with computer software and/or web-based systems/programs including electronic medical records, Microsoft Word and Excel are required. Knowledge of database ACCESS, FileMaker Pro or similar software will be beneficial.
- Must be self-directing, have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Professional knowledge of a wide range of nursing concepts to include chronic disease self-management, principals in accordance with standards of nursing practice, as well as experience with care management. This clinical knowledge is applied to solve both administrative and clinical problems related to primary care and the continuity of care.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills needed to both obtain highly personal patient information as well as providing information regarding treatment recommendations and how to problem solve to overcome barriers.
- Knowledge, skill and ability to provide professional assistance to health care providers in identifying patients needs for referrals to appropriate health care providers or facilities.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.