Spectrum Healthcare Resources has an opportunity for a Director of Business Development at their home office in St. Louis, Missouri. This position is responsible for the identification and pursuit of new business opportunities and clients to provide growth potential for the organization. This position will utilize an understanding of the customer’s short and long term goals while securing positive financial performance in both the bidding and award process. Ind.Other
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identification of new business opportunities within current market and development of resources to meet client needs.
- Accountable for research, data gathering, and business development within the market.
- Identification of small business and other partners to competitively bid.
- Assist in the establishment of small business agreements in collaboration with Senior Management.
- Lead and develop proposal and pricing strategy for new bids, TOPRs, as well as contract rebids from opportunity pursuit through award. This includes monitoring the progress of the proposal process and includes the strategy on the key operational components from RFI/pre-solicitation through solicitation. Once moved into solicitation status, will collaborate with contracting up through submission.
- Analyze RFPs to support bid decisions
- Facilitate assessment of team strengths/weaknesses/discriminators and development of winning strategies, themes and supporting graphics.
- Performs other duties, as needed and assigned
- Analyzes bid wins/losses and provides detailed feedback to team for future lessons learned
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Four (4) or more years’ experience with government procurement process including RFPs, RFQs, etc.
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Advanced proficiency in various computer applications, e.g. word processing, excel spreadsheet, e-mail, database management and presentation software
- Ability to handle stress
- Must be able to multi-task with a high degree of accuracy and detail
- Ability to handle confidential data
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written, with an emphasis in grammar)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with modern office equipment, e.g. facsimile, copier, etc.
- Experience within the Military Health System and other federal health delivery settings is a plus but not required
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.