JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
The Community Relations Manager is responsible for seeking, planning and implementing promotional marketing opportunities for urgent care centers that enhance the brand, increase brand recognition, and educate the public to increase patient volume.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents the organization in a professional manner.
- Work with leader and marketing team to develop, implement and manage marketing plan
- Identify, organize and attend community events and positively enhance the urgent care brand through interaction with the public
- Actively seeks business growth and referrals by initiating outreach to physician offices, employers, municipalities, schools and other organizations
- Assist with the planning and execution of special events and community outreach including open houses, ribbon cuttings, etc.
- Take an active role in the strategy, implementation and maintenance of all online communication tools (Web site, social media, e-newsletters, review sites, etc.); for example:
- Monitor social media pages on a daily basis and provide local updates for positing on social channels Publicize participation in local events; promote clinic milestones; post customized graphics; and host clinic promotions as applicable
- Ensure that clinics information on all social sites are accurate
- Assist with social media support as needed
- Update website content
- Acts a liaison to site administrators, medical directors and senior leadership, providing marketing and communication support
- Work with vendors and freelancers (graphic designers, media buyers, creative teams, Web developers, printers, etc.) to implement marketing campaigns in the most cost effective and timely manner
- Independently problem solves and utilizes resources to obtain information when needed
- Other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication or related field
- Minimum 2-5 years community relations, social media and marketing experience with demonstrable outcomes; healthcare marketing experience preferred
- Experience in Word Press preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent writing skills and demonstrable experience
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to represent the organization with a professional and respectful demeanor
- Acute attention to detail-grammatical errors, typos and general neglect are unacceptable
- Creativity and innovation
- Electronic communication skills and demonstrable experience (Website maintenance and editing, social media, etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Work well under pressure
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Valid driver license with no restriction (in state of business operation)
- Occasional required attendance at evening and weekend events
- Job performed in a well-lighted, modern office setting
- Frequent local travel
- Occasional national (overnight) travel
- Occasional lifting/carrying (40 pounds or less)
- Occasional bending/stooping/reaching/pulling
- Potential exposure to illness/disease
- Low to moderate stress
- Prolonged sitting
- Prolonged telephone and computer work
This position may require manual dexterity and/or frequent use of the computer, telephone, 10-key, calculator, office machines (copier, scanner, fax) and/or the ability to perform repetitive motions and/or meet production standards to comply with the essential functions. Also, may require physical and/or mental stamina to work overtime, additional hours beyond a regular schedule and/or more than five days per week.
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
The information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.