Spectrum Healthcare Resources has an opportunity for a Staffing Specialist at their corporate office in St. Louis, Missouri. The position will have the following requirements:
- Schedules nursing and support staff at contract sites each month and ensures required contract hours are filled by full time, part time, or PRN employees
- Has on-call responsibility to handle problems, schedule changes/ cancellations, etc., during nights, weekends, and holidays
- Develops a strong working relationship with Program Director and medical support staff, solving scheduling problems as they occur.
- Assists in the collection of all medical staff credentials to ensure compliance under contract.
- Assists in operational planning by gathering competitive information on pricing and benefits in local area through various means of market research
- Recruits qualified nursing and support staff to work in client clinic locations through employment ads, referrals, cold calls, etc.
- Initiates the placement of employment ads in various sources, to include, but not limited to, the internet and newspapers
- Reviews resumes received, phone screens qualified applicants, schedules and coordinates on site interviews, schedules site visits, and extends job offers
- Coordinates paperwork necessary to comply with site and Human Resources systems and programs, e.g. credentials, tax forms, I-9s, Lawson Action Forms (LAF), applicant tracking data, etc.
- Assists medical support staff in resolving any payroll or personnel problems
- Instructs medical support staff on company policies and procedures, and counsels employees to correct performance issues
- Serves as a liaison between employees and organization, and provides customer service to employees in the field
- Conducts performance evaluations for medical support staff and recommends merit increases
- Maintains records to ensure Affirmative Action compliance
- Assists in the development and implementation of ideas and programs to improve recruiting and retention of medical support staff
- Other duties as needed and assigned
The job requirements for the Staffing Specialist are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two to four (2-4) years’ work experience
- Advanced proficiency in various computer applications, e.g. word processing, excel spreadsheet, e-mail, database management and presentation software
- Ability to handle stress
- Must be able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage large workloads within tight deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential data
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to establish a rapport and effective working relationships with physicians, medical support staff, and hospital administrators
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written, with an emphasis in grammar)
- Excellent negotiation skills; must be persistent, and persuasive
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Superior organizational skills
- Must be procedure and detail oriented, utilize excellent follow up skills, and strive for 100% accuracy
- Familiarity with modern office equipment, e.g. facsimile, copier, etc.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.